With just over a week until the inaugural #WorkEqual Conference at The Marker Hotel, Dublin, on Wednesday 27th November, we’re delighted to share details of the full line-up and running order for the event and to announce that An Taoiseach Leo Varadkar TD will deliver the opening address.
In addition to An Taoiseach, Christine Armstrong, journalist and author of ‘The Mother of All Jobs’, and Tatjana Latinovic, Chair of the Icelandic Women's Rights Association, a host of speakers will bring a range of expertise to the discussion. We look forward to welcoming:
- Dara Calleary TD, Deputy Leader of Fianna Fáil.
- Emily Logan, Equality Champion, Ireland’s first Ombudsman for Children and first Chief Commissioner of the Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission.
- Patrick Naughton, Executive Director of People and Organisational Development, ESB.
- Julie O’Neill, former General Secretary of the Department of Transport, Board Member of Ryanair and Permanent TSB.
- And many more representatives from business, politics, policymaking and civic society.
Also joining the discussions from our event sponsers SOLAS, Andrew Brownlee, CEO, and Nikki Gallagher, Director of Communications, will share their knowledge and experience on how organisations can best prepare for gender pay gap disclosure legislation in Ireland.
Together with conference delegates, our speakers and facilitators will help to shape a series of recommendations, to be presented to government, on how to expedite workplace equality.
And there’s still time to book your seat at the table to help shape discussions on the gender pay gap, why women leave the workplace and the role men can play to achieve workplace equality!