Activities & Events
We’ve got plenty of suggestions on how you can join our campaign this International Women’s Day on Friday, 8th March. You can choose from the ideas on the list below or email us to discuss any ideas of your own.
- Be a conversation starter – Host a panel discussion on issues effecting women in the workplace in your sector.
- Host a masterclass for women in confidence and knowing your value.
- Secure three prizes and organise a staff raffle on the day
- Run a Dress Up or Dress Down day
- If you’re running staff fundraising, ask you company to match the donations!
- Organise a clothing drive in your work place – We have our super easy how-to guide here.
- Organise an event recognising the accomplishments of particular iconic women in Ireland.
- You can take a leaf out of FX. Buckley’s book, and donate a percentage of your company’s earnings on 8th March 2019.
- Exercise! Organise a sponsored lunchtime power walk with your colleagues or have an office pilates / yoga / aerobics session.
- Host a coffee morning or evening social event.
- Organise a Great British Bake-Off style competition and have people donate to sample the outcome!
- Arrange a book club on International Women’s Day. We’re highly recommending ‘That’s What She Said: What Men Need to Know (and Women Need to Tell them) About Working Together‘ by Joanne Lipman. It’s essential reading for anyone with an interest in workplace equality!
- Screen a relevant TED Talk. For inspiration, check out this blog from TED “Ten talks by women that everyone should watch”.
To discuss any of these options or ideas of your own, get in touch below.